Pelvic floor issues have extremely alleviated in today’s population, and people have started considering this natural after a certain age. However, when these problems prevail, one finds it challenging to sneeze, cough, or laugh without leaking a bit of urine. These pelvic floor problems can happen to anyone around us and can also be cured through treatments and therapies.
For this, one needs to include specific exercises in their overall fitness regime to help the pelvic floor muscles to strengthen up. The exercises are also effective in lowering the severity of pelvic organ prolapse.
In this guide below, we will list some of the helpful exercises that will be effective for you in the future.
Quick flick Kegels
This exercise requires pretty quick contractions of the floor muscles to help them get activated faster and become stronger enough to prevent the leaks while laughing or coughing.
- One needs to lie down on the floor and have the knees bent, and the feet should be flat on the floor.
- Exhale and pull the navel near to your spine. Quickly contract and release the floor muscles. Contract for about a second before releasing.
- Breathe steadily throughout.
- Repeat this quick flick about ten times and rest for 10 seconds. Repeat the sets for 2-3 times.
This exercise will encourage the floor muscle contractions while the deep abdominal muscles
will be under target.
- Lie down on the floor, have the knees bent, and the pelvis must be placed neutrally.
- Inhale into the rib cage and exhale through your mouth. Let the ribs contract naturally.
- Next, draw the pelvic floor muscles upward and lock them into your core. Slide onto your right heel, which is away from you.
- Find the right bottom position, inhale, and bring your leg back to the initial position.
- Repeat this over.
- Repeat ten slides on each side before moving on to the next leg.
There are many benefits of these exercises. Like any other muscle in your body, the floor muscles perform the best when they are strong and functioning perfectly. They will be released after a complete contraction. And, with healthy muscles, it will be easier for you to support your bladder, uterus, and bowels. The bowel and bladder movements will also be synchronized.
The Integral Performance Physiotherapy clinic is here to resolve all your pelvic floor troubles and bring you back to a happy and contended life.